NSCR ~ Random Thoughts and Essays

Nia Skywalk's CrossRoads (NSCR) is my website. I created it to be a nexus, or hub, for all my interests. This 'Blog a place to post random thoughts, essays, jokes, and knitting/crocheting/crafts, and pirates ... did I mention RANDOM?

09 August 2011

Summer of Manga

Although I have been picking up Manga randomly at the used bookstore and watching whatever Anime was presented to me as after school cartoons or through the various other media outlets, I never really got all that into it... until around the summer of 2008. In May that year, after I had discovered a liking for the anime known as Saiyuki, a friend let me know that Tokyopop had released the first 9 volumes online. By the time July hit, the free Saiyuki manga had me hooked. When I acquired a gift card for my birthday, the first thing I hit was every Saiyuki manga the store had and then I went crazy and tried several other great looking series. Death Note, Fruits Basket, Bleach, and Wild Adapter filled out the remainder of my giftcard... and my infatuation with Manga began!

Posted via email from niaskywalk's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home