NSCR ~ Random Thoughts and Essays

Nia Skywalk's CrossRoads (NSCR) is my website. I created it to be a nexus, or hub, for all my interests. This 'Blog a place to post random thoughts, essays, jokes, and knitting/crocheting/crafts, and pirates ... did I mention RANDOM?

21 March 2008

Video Programming in Barnes & Noble - Thirteen Years Late

Jesse Kornbluth and his partners submitted an idea to Barnes & Noble in 1995. 13 years later, B&N has announced a new multimedia plan for their stores... oddly enough, it looks similar to the plan that was rejected years ago. This is Jesse's version of the story.=================I have heard this story multiple times because I work with one of Jesse's partners. When B&N announced their idea to start actually implementing this innovative idea, I certainly heard about it and the entire office was in gales of laughter. I hope this idea is successful. I would love to find out that B&N could've beaten Amazon.com if only they had done this from the beginning.What would truly be awesome, pettiness aside, would be that new authors could be found and people may start reading again. It would be especially interesting if they decided to reserve pods on other websites, tv stations, and/or Current_ tv where they could play portions of the interviews, or perhaps entire segments.With the availability of various media for presenting authors works these days, I can see many possibilities for people to start reading again. (and yes, audio books is reading too.)Good luck, B&N! I hope this works!Check out Barnes&Noble.com's Quamut for their new How-to wiki/social network as well. It is raw and untested, but promises to be something extraordinary.

read more | digg story

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home